Friday, March 11, 2011

I Survived the Week from Hell!

I survived and it is officially my SPRING BREAK! And that means in 24 hours, I should be on the beach in Nicaragua! I can't believe we leave so soon - at 2:30 AM a car is picking us up, and our flight leaves at 5 AM. I am so excited!!

Midterms actually went better than I expected. My first midterm, for groundwater, went really well. I'm quite confident that I did very well on it :) The second midterm, Hazardous Waste Management, was... interesting. It was way shorter than I thought it would be, and I screwed up most of the multiple choice. The short answer and calculations were good though. Finally was Spanish, which was pretty good again. A few questions I was a little unsure on, but for the most part, I thought it was really good. So yay, classes are done and it's time to relax and sleep and have a good week tanning and swimming and other things.

Nicaragua is going to be really awesome. Our house is literally right on the beach, and we have a pool, so if we don't feel like getting sandy we can just relax out there. Our house is big enough that everyone should have a bed to sleep on - and everyone is 9 people! We've got a kitchen with all sorts of pots and pans necessary for cooking. Right next door to us is a hotel in which we can organize excursions though, like horseback riding, snorkeling, or scuba (which I would LOVE to do, but none of my friends are scuba certified, only me). We already have one really amazing trip planned - a day trip to Granada to hike an inactive volcano, see a nature preserve, and zipline in a canopy! Should be fabulous! Even if we do nothing else, I'm going to have a great time. I need a tan and to sleep large amounts.

Due to this trip though, I will be unable to check email or internet for a whole week. Needless to say, I was a little nervous, considering I am in the middle of medical review for Peace Corps. I know sometimes they will call for additional information, and I would hate to miss a call for a week and have them think I was not interested anymore! So I emailed the medical assistant I had asking for my current status and to inform them that I will be out of the country and unable to be contacted. I got a very nice email back letting me know I have been assigned a nurse, but they are currently handling applications with an earlier leave date than mine (August). She noted in my file that I will be out of town. It's been about 5 weeks now, so it's still early. I'm just impatient :)

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Japan and the Pacific, particularly Hawaii. I have two friends living out there right now, and I am sending happy thoughts their way! Stay safe!

P.S. more mini changes pn my page! Added an "About Me" section! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. bah jealous, your trip sounds amazing. I still have two more painful weeks until break.

    one sad little note about your pages on top - there's something wrong with this layout (I think it's universal) and your "Why I Travel" page is unclickable. I had to change my layout from this one in order for all of my pages to work :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really amazing! I am dying to go back - who wants to be in the real world anyways?

    Thanks for the note - I'll definitely check that out. I should probably look at reorganizing those pages, since I will want to add more as things more forward!

    ReplyDelete