Sunday, May 8, 2011

Almost over...

So a few days have gone by, and no news from Placement. I can't really say I am surprised - they said 4 to 6 weeks, and so far it has been less than a week :) A girl can dream right?

And that's exactly what I did! I had a dream a few nights ago that I got an invitation to serve in Panama! That is one of the possible countries for my region, start date, and nomination, and I woke up so happy from that dream... then I realized it was a dream :( c'est la vie

In other news, senior design is officially finished and turned in! That leaves me with 2 exams tomorrow, and one final group paper due at midnight (which is super close to being done), and then I'm finished with all my schoolwork at columbia. It's such a bizarre feeling... after 4 years, I'm finally done. When one door closes, another door opens, and hopefully that's what will happen with the Peace Corps!

My family gets up here in less than a week - my dad on Friday, my mom and grandma on Saturday. Then we've got a crazy busy week ahead before I leave for home the following Thursday - less than 2 weeks away.

Less tan 24 hours, and then let the party begin!!!

I also wanted to say happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. In particular, to my amazing mother and grandmother. I am so blessed to have such amazing women in my family that really inspire me to work hard to achieve my goals. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment