Friday, April 6, 2012

Top 5 Friday – Top 5 things (not including food) I miss

So I’ve decided to start this new thing – Top 5 Friday. Every Friday, I hope to write a top 5 list about my time here in the DR. It will let me reflect on some funny things, as well as some serious ones. I started to write this top 5 list, but I realized I was writing too many foods. So instead, for my first top 5 list, I give you the top 5 things I miss from the US, food excluded. We will have a whole other list devoted to that!

  1. Hot showers
  2. Being able to put toilet paper in the toilet!
  3. Actually understanding everything that is being said around me. While my Spanish has improved a lot, I still have a long way to go.
  4. The ability to be anonymous. Here I can walk down the street or go for a jog without being stared at. My light skin will always set me apart.
  5. My friends and family! I am making some wonderful friends here in the DR, but I miss all of you tons and tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment