Today is my last day in Manabao – tomorrow, we head back to the capital. In honor of my time here in Manabao, I present the top 5 things I will miss about Manabao
- The weather – the rain hasn’t been fun, but I like the cool weather here. It’s going to be tough going to a warmer climate
- The mountains – it’s absolutely beautiful here, and I love getting to hike in the mountains in the weekend
- Doña Diana – I absolutely adore my Doña here. I’m going to miss her tons, especially her amazing cooking!
- My fellow Americans – It’s been really fun having the 6 water volunteers together, as well as our awesome trainer Mark. I’m going to miss them all once we head to our respective communities across the DR
- Running water – I have been blessed during CBT to have consistent running water, with flush toilets and sometimes even a hot shower! Back in the capital I have bucket flush and bucket baths, and once I head to site, I’ll have a latrine. I’m definitely going to miss this life of luxury that I have!