So I was going to write a long rant about Peace Corps and how my medical is now at 10 weeks. Instead I wrote it, deleted it, and feel lots better! So instead, in honor of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1's release on DVD, I am going to post my top 5 lists on the movie. It's a happier subject, and I don't want to subject any of you to my whining.
Top 5 scenes I was sad were left out of Harry Potter 7.1
1. Remus coming to 12 Grimmauld place and Harry yelling at him. I always thought this was an extremely powerful scene in the book - it makes Ted's birth so much more meaningful.
2. Kreacher's Tale - what a heartbreaking tale. Plus I loved how Kreacher became loyal to Harry.
3. Potter Watch - the movie could have used a bit more of a comedic break, and in the book, PotterWatch was great for that. It would only have been a short scene change. It was such a fun scene, and it gave a little insight as to what was going on with the rest of the people in the Wizarding World
4. Pettigrew showing mercy and dying by his own hand. This was such a great scene that showed a bit of humanity by Peter. How does he die now???
5. Luna's room and pictures - such a sweet moment when you saw how much they all meant to Luna. I get that it was easy to cut, but it was so cute in the book
Top 5 scenes that I LOVED in Harry Potter 7.1
1. The Opening Scene - OMG, how heart-wrenching. I actually cried in the theaters with Hermione obliviating her parents. They way they showed Harry, Ron, and hermione all preparing for the journey and leaving their parents behind was a perfect way to start it
2. The 7 Harrys. HYSTERICAL. Props to Dan Radcliffe for the fabulous acting.
3. The Ministry of Magic - this entire scene was PERFECT. They really nailed the characters personalities and mannerisms. Props to the actors of a job well done.
4. Malfoy Manor - other than the Pettigrew part, this was fabulously done
5. The story of the Deathly Hallows - such an interesting way to do it!
(I could go on, but yeah, I said top 5. Pretty Much everything).
Top 5 minor things that bugged me
1. Polyjuice potion is supposed to change your voice!
2. Phineas Nigellus! How do you explain the doe now? (No more details - I don't want to spoil!)
3. Why were Harry and Hermione naked in the locket scene? I don't understand...
4. Why was Dobby at 12 Grimmauld Place? I like Dobby and all, but that made no logical sense
5. I wanted Harry to find Lily's letter in Sirius's room. That was such a sweet part of the books.
I hope my little geek out was more enjoyable than a Peace Corps medical rant!!