Friday, June 1, 2012

Top 5 Friday – Top 5 things I’ve learned so far in the Campo

I have now lived in the campo for 3 weeks, and I have been learning some valuable life lessons and making some interesting observations. So without further ado, for this weeks Top 5 Friday, the top 5 things that I've learned so far by living in the campo
  1. For children, clothing is always optional. I have seen more naked or half naked little kids here than in my life combined
  2. There is such a thing as too much fruit. I love fruit. But when you are gifted 8 papayas in one day, you have some problems with what to do with them all.
  3. I’m either really funny or act really stupid all the time. Either way, I make Dominicans laugh. A lot. I’m not always sure if they are laughing with me or at me.
  4. People out here are so friendly and generous. I have been gifted more fruit than I can count. Every time I visit a house, they want to give me a glass of juice or a cup of coffee or some crackers. I love the feeling of community and the warm welcome I have received
  5. I can survive with a lot less than I am used to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment