Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another Week

Current Location: New York, NY

Another post so soon?!?!?!? I am sure you are all wondering what exciting things could have happened since my last post. In all honesty not much!

Well first, as I'm sure you can see, the blog has a new look! I am rather a fan of it, especially with the travel theme and everything! I think it suits it quite well. I also added a few new pages - one particularly about my Peace Corps timeline. I have been rather tightlipped about the whole thing, but as things more forward (which they are continuing to), I think getting some of the stress off my chest will be a use for this blog. Sorry in advance to all the people I bore with my ramblings about wanting medical clearance or my invitation to come.

On the Peace Corps news front, I received confirmation that the Peace Corps received all my medical paperwork, which was a sigh of relief for me - when mailing that many important papers, I always worry that it will be lost. I made photocopies of everything, but still - I'm always still nervous. However, with that notification, it also says that if the program you are nominated for is not leaving in the next 4 months, your medical file is not currently being reviewed. Since I am not expected to leave until August or September, that means they might not start looking at it until April! I understand thats a possibility, but I want to know now where I am going and what I will be doing and when I will be leaving. I am usually okay with the unknown, but I'm so excited about this that I want to know as soon as possible!

In other news, I have my required winter illness right now. I first started feeling off on Tuesday, and then Wednesday I was hit with a 100 degree fever and a terrible cough and sneezing. It progressed to the congestion phase, which is where I currently am. However, I do seem to be getting better, slowly. Right now the congestion is the biggest issue - I still can't really breath through my nose. I am a slight bit worried it could progress to a sinus infection and perhaps bronchitis - that is what it usually does. I am hoping through plenty of rest and staying indoors as much as possible, I can avoid worse illness. We will see if this holds true!

I am also currently trying to watch all films nominated for the top Oscars before the actual Oscars in 3 weeks. I've seen 4 of the 10 nominees for best film. After that, I have most of the top nominees done with. Will I actually be able to do it? I don't know. The ones I have seen so far are: Toy Story 3, Black Swan, The Social Network, and The King's Speech. Next I think I will watch Inception, and then maybe the Fighter? Not completely sure yet.

For the rest of my weekend, I will sleep, do homework, and watch the Super Bowl! I don't particularly care about either team this year, but I think I'm going with the Packers, mainly because I dislike the Steelers. Hope for a good game either way (and good commercials!)

No comments:

Post a Comment