Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Paintball and Senior Gala

Well, nothing too exciting has been going on. A little whatever. From all your PC peeps, still no word on medical - I'm not expecting it anytime soon - they've only had my paperwork for 10 days, so it's not like they are going to look at it that quickly!

However, this past weekend was such a great weekend with amazing friend and fun! On Saturday, for Chelsey's birthday, we went paintballing! It was a lot of fun - we played several rounds, and there were 12 of us in all. I have several lovely bruises to show for the fun, but it was great. I even made it to the end of a few rounds (though it was teamwork). Its freaky when you get hit in the face - the mask protects you, but it would scare me! The balls stung a bit when they hit as well, especially if they didn't burst. A few times I got hit with no paint and accidentally called myself out. Whoops! All in all it was a fun was to spend a Saturday afternoon.

That evening was our senior gala. This was the winter gala - there is an even bigger one in May right before graduation. However, even though this was the "small" one, it was SO much fun! I took some great pictures with the girls, and after it was over, we headed to Mel's to have a table for the night. Oh lord, such a funny night. I won't go into details (I'd probably bore you all), but it was fun.

Seriously though, a mis of RAS (Restless Applicant Syndrome) and senioritis are making this semester really tough for me. I'm really struggling to focus at times because there is so much currently unknown in my life. I know that I need to focus and finish strong, but it's hard to put into actually occurring. I'm close to being caught up with everything I need to be, so fingers crossed that things get better soon!

That's about it for me. I'm going to give PC 2 more weeks before emailing my Nurse to ask the status on my heath review. They will have had my paperwork for a month, and I think that's a reasonable amount of time to check in. Hopefully cleared medically Earth March, and an invite by May for an August departure date!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a fun weekend! i feel like i would be screaming like a little girl a lot during paintballing! i've never done it! we played keg kickball this weekend... one of the funnier things I've seen in my life...

    all my fingers and toes are still crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete