Friday, June 18, 2010

Back to NYC

Current Location: Jacksonville, FL

Hello world! I am currently sitting in a hotel in JAX before our flight back to NYC tomorrow morning at 6:15 AM. Not too excited about that early morning flight, but I'm ready to be back in the city, even if its only for about 10 days!

So the rest of my trip was fairly slow, but good. After my post on Wednesday, I ended up heading to the pool for a few hours for a tan - it was so freaking hot!! I kept having to get into the pool because I was dying from the heat. Tanning at 1 in Florida might not be the best idea. However, I got a nice tan in that short period, so I was pleased. That evening, I went for ice cream with my lovely friends Rachel and Lauren. It was really nice to see them, since it has been AGES since I've been home! We all chatted and caught up over some delicious Coldstone ice cream. After that I headed to Hooters with Lauren for some beers with her friends. I know, me at Hooters is a bit odd considering everyone goes there for wings, and I don't eat chicken, but we had a good time anyways. Her friends were all really funny. Finally, we drove back to Lauren's and walked over to Gator City for the night. A few friends came around, and I ran into Kim which was really fantastic! I hadn't seen her in ages, so once again, it was great to catch up. We ended the night with a brilliant idea to play retro power hour... smart Jenni. Needless to say, I woke up the next morning with a bit of a hangover :)

Thursday was a pretty fun day as well! After heading home, I changed and got ready to go to Satchel's with the high school band crew (Rachel, Lauren, Caraline, and Patrick) and Meg. Satchel's is only the best pizza place ever, so I was very happy to get to go there. I had recently seen Caraline and Patrick in NYC, but I hadn't seen Meg in a loooooooong time - maybe over a year! She will also be overseas this summer in Prague, so I'm hoping something might work out for us to meet up, but no plans have been made yet. After lunch, I headed home to spend some quality family time. Well not quite, but I needed to relax! My grandma came over for dinner again and my mom made delicious chinese! I called it an early night since I was tired from the night before

Today has been a lot of running around getting things done before leaving town. When I woke up, my mom and I headed out pretty quickly to run errands. We went to a outdoors store where I got some good pants for when I am in Ghana - I return to the states the day before I leave, so it was really important that I get everything I need before leaving for Paris. After that I went to the bookstore and got the 3rd Stieg Larson book, "The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest." It's a great series, and I can't wait to find out how it ends! We then went to the mall where I went to Victoria's Secret for a few things before going to Moe's for lunch. Moe's queso is the best! We returned home and got to packing for our upcoming trips. In the afternoon we went to say goodbye to Mama Doris. I'm going to miss her, I might not see her again until Christmas! After our goodbyes we stopped by Publix where I saw several of my old coworkers. After that, it was home to finish packing, and then we left for Jacksonville as soon as my dad finished his show!

So here I am now! We've got a busy week ahead with moving out of my dorm room and packing for my 2 trips. Here's hoping tomorrow's flight is good, and I will update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment