Monday, June 28, 2010

Paris Bound!

Current Location: Newark Airport, NJ

Hello all! I'm currently sitting in the Newark Airport, waiting for my flight to Paris. It has been a very exciting last few days in NYC, and while I am sad to go, I am SO EXCITED for my 5 weeks in Paris! I know its going to be an amazing experience, and I promise to blog and keep everyone updated on what I am doing.

So this past week has been non stop craziness. So wednesday I headed downtown to have drinks and snacks with my parents, and then we went and saw Memphis. It was very good quality, but they kinda rushed parts of the plot. Still liked it though. Thursday was work all day, and that night we had dinner with my grandparents that live in NYC. I hadn't seen them in a long time - they live in the Bronx, so it's not easy for me to get up there. We went to a great chinese place, Mr. K's, and had lots of food and caught up. Friday was my last day of work! I went in for the morning and left around 2 to finish packing up my room and run some errands that we needed to do. That night we went to Blue Smoke, a bar-b-que place. I got some scallops that were good, so I was alright.

Then we had the craziness that is known as move out. So I have a ridiculous amount of stuff. Really, it's actually completely ridiculous. So we had movers come and help me get everything out, and I will not even admit how large of a storage unit I got. That took all Saturday morning. After that we got lunch at Bryant Park Grille, and I was so exhausted that I went to my parents hotel room and fell sound asleep for a few hours. Watched the end of the USA Ghana game. I was torn on who to cheer for, since I live in the USA and I am heading to Ghana in August, but in the end I cheered for the US. Sadly, as you all know, we lost. So now I am cheering for Ghana all the way! YAY GHANA!

Sunday we went to see another show. The family split into two groups: the guys went to see Million Dollar Quartet, and the girls went to see Promises, Promises (with Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenoweth!). I LOVED our show - Sean was so funny, and Kristin is just phenomenally good. After that, I headed out to dinner with Laura, Chris, Lili, and Laura's family. I hadn't seen them in about a year, so it was great they were in town. We got dinner at STK in the meatpacking district, and afterward, Laura, Lili, Chris and I went to the Marriott to the View for drinks.

Now I am at the airport! I will try to write often with everything I am doing in Paris. Au revior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment